The road to this post is sort of long, please bear with me. Mom’s parents immigrated from England to Canada back in the early 1900’s, if memory serves they knew each other in England before they immigrated. They married in Canada and lived out their lives there; this story takes place after they were all gone. Back then, trips home to England were few because you had to go via ship, but they stayed in touch with family through regular letters written in ultra-small script filling every inch of the page. So, mom grew up knowing her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents though letters and stories told. When travel got easier (airplanes), mom visited several times over the decades, she would spend several days with each family, they also kept up the letters so everyone knew what was happening in the family. Read the rest of this entry »
Quotes“I have learned that to be with those I like is enough” ― Walt Whitman
CommentingOct 2014: You may speak freely, but please try to use words that everyone can hear about your individual story or view. If you don't, those who can actually benefit won't hear it, I want to see change in my lifetime. I may refuse to approve certain comments.
- cb on National Adoption Awareness – You must be grateful you were adopted
- TAO on Adoption Awareness Month – Family History
- Tiffany on Adoption Awareness Month – Family History
- BOOKS: Sexual Assault, Loss on Adoption Awareness Month – Family History
- TAO on National Adoption Awareness – You must be grateful you were adopted
Who's who -
Sort by authorLeft Click on the gravatar in the Who's Who box below to read posts written by that person.
- UntitledElvis Presley ( 1960 ) Elvis Presley completes his two-year stint is discharged from the US Army. Bank Holiday to Save Banks 5th March ( 1933 ) : To help stop the run on US banks U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announced a four-day "bank holiday" . All U.S. banks would close effective March 6 to help stop Americans from withdrawing their money […]