Mixed adoption conversations, whether it is another adoptee, a first mom or adoptive mom that bluntly asks, or hints at wanting to know if: a) you’re grateful, b) if you love your parents, c) if you’d choose to be adopted, d) who you consider to be your real parents. Now, most aren’t that blunt, but it seems like most want to know the answers to those questions. Almost as though, how you answer those questions / tell your story determines whether they will listen to what you have to say, or write you off, there is no middle of the road, it’s either/or, and it’s wrong. Read the rest of this entry »
Quotes“I have learned that to be with those I like is enough” ― Walt Whitman
CommentingOct 2014: You may speak freely, but please try to use words that everyone can hear about your individual story or view. If you don't, those who can actually benefit won't hear it, I want to see change in my lifetime. I may refuse to approve certain comments.
- Cindy on I don’t have an answer, I don’t think there is one.
- TAO on I don’t have an answer, I don’t think there is one.
- Lara/Trace on I don’t have an answer, I don’t think there is one.
- Cindy on Judging crediblity and worth in adoption circles
- beth62 on Judging crediblity and worth in adoption circles
Who's who -
Sort by authorLeft Click on the gravatar in the Who's Who box below to read posts written by that person.
- UntitledElvis Presley ( 1960 ) Elvis Presley completes his two-year stint is discharged from the US Army. Bank Holiday to Save Banks 5th March ( 1933 ) : To help stop the run on US banks U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announced a four-day "bank holiday" . All U.S. banks would close effective March 6 to help stop Americans from withdrawing their money […]