I’ve been re-watching the series Newsroom and the last episode I watched was where Will is in jail for contempt and is having a conversation with an imaginary cell mate. The conversation ended with Will saying McKenzie was smarter than he is, and I started thinking about gender stereotypes, marriage, biases, and how we’ve been conditioned by society that woman are the weaker sex, not as strong, brave, or smart. How I’ve dealt with that in my personal life, and yes, I’ve bought into the stereotypes and biases from time to time, or ensured I framed my words to keep ego’s intact, other times, not so much. I am still a work in progress. Read the rest of this entry »
Quotes“I have learned that to be with those I like is enough” ― Walt Whitman
CommentingOct 2014: You may speak freely, but please try to use words that everyone can hear about your individual story or view. If you don't, those who can actually benefit won't hear it, I want to see change in my lifetime. I may refuse to approve certain comments.
- beth62 on Both/And vs. Either/Or
- eagoodlife on Both/And vs. Either/Or
- Dannie on Both/And vs. Either/Or
- Lora on Processing adoption over the years – input requested
- beth62 on Processing adoption over the years – input requested
Who's who -
Sort by authorLeft Click on the gravatar in the Who's Who box below to read posts written by that person.
- UntitledElvis Presley ( 1960 ) Elvis Presley completes his two-year stint is discharged from the US Army. Bank Holiday to Save Banks 5th March ( 1933 ) : To help stop the run on US banks U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announced a four-day "bank holiday" . All U.S. banks would close effective March 6 to help stop Americans from withdrawing their money […]